Sheriff Miller reports notifications will be made to News outlets and Social media page when Black River Bridge in Corning closes!!!
The National Weather Service in Little Rock, Arkansas Reports:
Warning continues for the following river in Arkansas...
Black River At Corning affecting Clay County
Black River At Pocahontas affecting Randolph County
Black River At Black Rock affecting Independence...Jackson and
River forecasts are based on current conditions and rainfall
forecasted to occur over the next 48 hours. During periods of
flooding...Evening forecasts are reissued with updated rainfall
Observed and forecasted stage data plots are available on our
Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service web page at...
Flood Warning extended until Saturday evening...The Flood Warning
The Black River At Corning.
* At 9:00 AM Tuesday the stage was 13.9 feet.
* Record flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by tonight and continue to rise
to near 17.5 feet by Thursday morning.
* Impacts at 15.0 feet...Most of the area inside the levees is
flooded. Homes and cabins along the river will be isolated or
flooded. Backwater prevents adequate rainfall runoff in Corning
* Impacts at 15.5 feet...Portions of Hollands Lodge and Garrins Camp
south of Corning become flooded.
* Impacts at 16.0 feet...River crested at 15.9 feet in March 2008.
All areas within the levee system are flooded or isolated. Some
homes along the river near the U.S. Highway 62 bridge are flooded
* Impacts at 17.0 feet...Water will be backing into most low lying
areas of the county. Some building up of the levee may be needed
at agricultural equipment crossing points. Brookings Community west
of Peach Orchard becomes flooded.
* Impacts at 17.5 feet...Highway 62 east of the river between Black
River Relief Bridge and junction 135 is flooded.
Safety message...Remember to Turn Around...Don`t Drown Do not drive cars through flooded areas. Everyone with property or other interest along streams and rivers should remain alert to changing weather forecast.
Additional Forecast information on Black River can be found at: